Dr Manivannan S, Joint Managing Director Kauvery Hospital, in association with Medexpert Business Consultants Pvt Ltd, launched the 23rd edition of medical equipment trade fair, ‘Medicall’, scheduled from 26th July to 28th July at the Chennai Trade Center. The expo was inaugurated by Consul General at the German Consulate Karin Stoll. Medicall is an international show with exclusive hall for international companies from Germany, Japan, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, UK, and USA. More than 6,000 products from 20-plus countries were on display.
The trade fair focuses on all the needs of a hospital from surgical cotton to the latest imaging equipment and surgical tools. Around 18,000 medical professionals visited the expo.
While talking about the motivation behind starting this expo, Dr Manivannan said, “Small- and medium-sized hospital owners from tier-II and III cities cannot afford to have qualified purchase managers. Equipment companies also do not have adequate sale force to meet all these hospital owners. Since I have suffered and undergone the difficulty for my hospital, I thought Medicall would bring in all equipment manufacturers under one roof for all the needs of a hospital.”
Medicall Made in India Healthcare Innovation Awards is the most sought-after award because of its objective selection criteria and independent jury. Medicall encourages, supports and catalyses innovations in Medical equipment, Made in India. Medicall strongly believes in multidisciplinary approach in finding solutions in the healthcare industry. Medicall wanted clinicians, scientists, technocrats, entrepreneurs and researchers must work in lock step to produce innovations and hence this year Medicall came up with an innovative idea called ‘Medicall 100-Days Open Challenge’.
The 100-days open challenge was a curtain raiser primarily to excite the unsung heroes in the far corners of India, many a times, even semi literates with brilliant ideas and magical solutions which are pragmatic, affordable and simple. Medicall wants to showcase to the world these Eureka moments transforming healthcare! National Hub for Healthcare Instrumentation Development (NHHID) powered the Open Challenge by participating at all stages from ideation to selection. SRM Dental College, Ramapuram, Dr. Rajkumar K, Dr. Ramya R, Dr Swarnalakshmi R, Salivary Neuro Electro Stimulator won the Open Challenge 2019.
CPC offers an entire spectrum of clinical chemistry instruments which will meet the requirements of all laboratories, very large to small. CPC has 6000+ installations in South India. As an early entrant in this segment, CPC has set an example for excellent after-sales service and application support. These instruments are ably supported by a wide spectrum of substrate, enzyme, minerals and special protein assays. We offer products from leading manufacturers of clinical chemistry reagents viz. Aptec. This TurboChem Prime is a compact random access fully automated analyzer for Clinical Chemistry.
- Mid-size automated chemistry analyzer.
- Upto 180 tests / hour constant throughput, with 20 sample positions.
- 81 reaction vessels.
- Unique lab cooling facility through a jacket.
- Low water consumption.
Koleno 800 DVT System
Codex Solutions introduces Koleno 800 DVT Pump at Medicall. The DVT Pump is a clinically effective, non-invasive, mechanical prophylaxis system designed to reduce the incidence of DVT specially for ICU patients and patients undergoing surgery.
- DVT System is easy to use, single button operation
- Lightweight pump with detachable hooks to hang on the bedside
- Easy push-to-click connectors
- Pressure set at a standard 40 mmHg
- Single chamber Intermittent Pneumatic Compression (IPC) sleeves
- Pump compatible with all 3 types of sleeves; Calf, Thigh and Foot
- Special provision for foot sleeve with a dedicated button.
- Pressure for foot sleeve set at a standard 120 mmHg
- Audio visual alarm in case of loose connections or leakage in sleeves
- Sweat and moisture absorbent sleeves
- Velcro system in sleeves ensures perfect fit while serving all sizes from 18 inch to 22 inches.
MedAir 2200 is a compact, easy to install and operate compressed airline monitor that can continuously and simultaneously monitor up to four gases in real-time using internally mounted sensors. MedAir 2200 is typically configured to monitor hospital compressed air for carbon monoxide, oxygen and dew point. MedAir 2200 is designed to meet OSHA monitoring requirements for Grade D breathing air, NFPA 99 “Medical Air System Guidelines” and is UL and CSA certified for “Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Requirements” (UL/IEC 60601-1 and CSA 22.2, No. 601-1). MedAir 2200 is ENMET’s most advanced compressed airline monitor for medical air systems, specifically designed for hospital applications.
- Continuous real-time gas monitoring of hospital compressed airlines
- Monitors oxygen, carbon monoxide and dew point simultaneously
- User programmable alarms and relays
- Meets Grade D breathing and NFPA 99 requirements
Ultrasonic Cutting Hemostat System
The HPS36P series has a manual button, which can be used directly after connecting with the main unit and the transducer. The rotary knob is integrated with the torque wrench.
- HPS36P for laparoscopic surgery
- HPS23P for open surgery
- HPS14P for superficial surgery
- Compatible with host: RXCD-300
- GEN04 and GEN11
- Disinfection method: support 134C high temperature.
Multi Parameter Patient Monitor
Pulse rate range of this patient monitor is 0-300 bpm with display of 10.4 inch and Bionet brand with a frequency of 50-60 Hz and a resolution of 800×600 Pixel. It has power supply of AC 100-240 V.
- ECG, SpO2, NIBP, Respiration, 2 IBP, 2 Temperature, EtCO2 (Optional)
- Individual sweep speed setting for each parameter
- Connection to external VGA output for large screen (Optional)
- Multiple display modes
- Connected to central monitoring system using LAN or W-LAN
- Ambulance mode using car recharge cable
- Movable Cart/ Wall mount.
Stryker ADAPT Platform
The Stryker ADAPT Platform is the next generation of surgical navigation platforms. With its sleek design and small footprint, this fully equipped mobile unit integrates seamlessly into the operating room or office setting and brings the ultimate navigation experience.
- 24” HD surgeon monitor
- HD touchpad user interface with RFID-reader
- Industrial PC with Intel Core i5 processor
- Sleek and maneuverable camera arm
- Computer interface for video (BNC, S-Video), USB and LAN connections
- Portable and mobile design—approximately 100 lbs.
- Small footprint—26.0-inch x 25.6-inch.
Ice Lined Blood Bank Refrigerator
The available sizes (storage areas) for Ice Lined Blood Bank Refrigerator are 160 ltrs, 240 ltrs, 340 ltrs, 410 ltrs. Features as per WHO standards E3/RF3, Dual Temperature Controller, Standby Temperature Control for VCV 330, Volts, Ampere readout and Temperature alert alarm with flash light, Master control switch, Digital Temperature display with Battery backup, Food grade (304) Stainless Steel Cabinet.
- WHO PQS – R003 Complaint
- Temperature Range: +2 TO +8
- Hold Overtime – 55 TO 60 hours
- Low Running Cost < 12 TO 15 Units Power PER Month
- Frost Free Technology – Product Safety
- Master Control – Dual Switches
- Digital TEMPERATURE DISPLAY WITH Battery Back UP
- Food GRADE (304) Stainless Steel Cabinet / Sliding Trays
- Provision FOR USB PORT / Cloud Data Loggers.
Asha + is a handheld Remote Monitoring Solution takes health diagnostics, monitoring and tracking to the door steps of patients, provides a paradigm shift towards Preventive Healthcare model that can be used by individuals as well as various levels of health care providers.
- Temperature (Infrared 1 sec)
- Oxygen Saturation and Pulse rate (Reflective Pulse Oximeter)
- Blood Pressure (Digital)
- ECG (3-Lead ECG)
- Blood Glucose
- Stethoscope (Digital)
- Bluetooth interface to communicate with a smartphone
- The Smartphone App provides seamless and easy to use remote monitoring platform that ensures quality healthcare to people even in remote areas
Stereoscopic 3D (Sony)
Stereoscopic 3D colour images captured in Full HD with this medical grade camera can assist with providing improved depth perception and spatial orientation compared with conventional 2D. ‘Live’ 3D images can be shared with other consultants, teaching staff and students using a monitor such as the Sony LMD-2451MT (MDD approved) LMD-4251TD (non MDD compliant). 3D Full HD images can also be captured for later analysis, sharing and review using the HVO-3000MT medical grade video recorder.
The MCC-3000MT consists of two light, compact camera heads plus a CCU (Camera Control Unit). Compliant with latest medical safety standards, the complete system can be easily integrated into medical environments. Image quality is assured by precision Exmor™ Full HD CMOS sensors in each camera head. Combined with advanced Sony digital image processing techniques, this allows the MCC-3000MT to capture detail-packed 3D images with high sensitivity and signal-to-noise plus wide dynamic range.
GEM Premier 3000
GEM Premier 3000 simplifies and enhances critical care testing. In addition to unique features such as its self-contained cartridge system and comprehensive menu options, the GEM Premier 3000 now offers Intelligent Quality Management (iQM), an internal, automated program that performs continuous quality management. Available exclusively from Instrumentation Laboratory, iQM is an automated quality assurance system that replaces the use of conventional QC.
a. State-of-the-art planar sensors
b. iQM for automatic, continuous, real-time quality control (QC)
c. Demographic look-up and patient verification options
a. Standardised testing platform for use throughout the hospital – laboratory, respiratory care and point-of-care – with customised cartridges for every location
b. Over 15 cartridge menu and size configurations
a. GEMweb for remote system management from any network computer
b. IMPACT for Critical Care total information management with scripted and EDI interface options.
Ligation Clip is available in small, medium and large sizes. It is suitable for ligation and closure of vascular and coelomic tissues during human surgery. The use of this ligation clip is done in General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Urinary Surgery.
- Three types of product can meet all kinds of intraoperative ligation requirements.
- Lock release device can modify the ligature position during operation.
- Integrated teeth interface with the vessel and are designed to prevent slippage
- Locking mechanism provides tactile feedback and secure closure
- Bow-shape design allows removal with appropriate instrument
- Hinge allows flexibility in clip placement prior to clip locking
- Non-absorbable polymer is inert, non-conductive, radiolucent, and does not interfere with CT, MRl, or X-ray diagnostics.